Friday, November 19, 2010

Changing Course

Wednesday past was Hari Raya Haji.  It's the Muslim "Festival of Sacrifice" - a commemoration of Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son for God.  We understood there would be a celebration of sorts in an area of town we hadn't visited before and made our way there to be 'cultured'.  It turned out there was no celebration.  The day was one of prayer spent with family.  Many shops were closed. 

So we made our way to East Coast Park to ride bikes instead.  The park was crowded but we had a ball riding our bikes with wind going through our hair (helmetless) and flip flops on our feet.  Sacrilege, I know! 

Changing direction was the answer for Wednesday.  And it's the answer for my job search woes.  The job search is practically halted.  I've been rejected, ignored, and given poor direction by companies, recruiters, and coaches.  I'm not throwing in the towel.  But you know the how the saying goes, you can't expect different results if you keep doing the same thing.

So I'm changing course and right now I have no idea where I'll land.  Exciting, no?  Well, once I figure out a few things, I'll make a plan - you know me!  I'll have a plan that can (and will) be changed:)

By the way, I've also changed my running practice.  When I'm home in Canada, I absolutely love running outside in nature, on trails, around lakes, up hills... Here, I've taken to the treadmill in the gym and the first class outdoor running track 10 minutes from our condo (in the evening).  I still need a 'boot in the arse' to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment